View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 6:23 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I guess I always interpreted "as many times as you want" to mean as many times as you want within the confines of the time period of the match, or, in a month. Speaking for myself, I get exactly 20 minutes to shoot when I go (lunch hour minus round trip drive time). That means I have enough time to shoot 8-10 bulls eyes total, depending on how many per page. This month that gives me enough time to shoot 2 targets - no warm ups, not even any review of how I did on one target before I shoot the other. And I'm using a 10/22 from the mid 80's that I got off the forum for $150 - and all I've one to it is detail strip and clean and added tech sights - I'm in it for less than $250. I always viewed the match as a way to give myself "incentive" to improve on my personal abilities, but then again, I've not been in the running yet for top score, nor do I anticipate that to happen in the near future. I guess if its a "one and done" per month, I need to know that so very thing up to what I consider my "best target" will be considered practice and not posted.