View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 4:26 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
I have no idea what Mormons think but they tend to have large families so I figure they have some sort of sex is for procreation only thing going on maybe.
It is the official teaching of the church of LDS, that whatever goes on behind closed doors between a man and his wife, is between themselves. This carries a presupposition that the man honors his wife, and the wife lovingly supports his man. In general terms, anything goes that is agreed upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
We got some thread drift on an OT thread and this is something I've actually wondered about in the past. Is it actually considered sinful to have oral or anal intercourse within a marriage?

I would think most Protestant denominations don't think so? I though Catholics and Orthodox Jews may consider it so due to it not leading to procreation?

I personally don't think it would be considered sinful within a male/female marriage but I actually am genuinely curious about this.

Please no trolls or nonsense in this thread. This isn't OT.
“The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control." 1 Corinthians 7:3–5

The "duty" here refers to sexual intimacy. In a marriage each partner is to satisfy the sexual needs of the other. There are no prohibitions placed on the type of sexual activity. This is not to say that the husband can force himself upon his wife, or vise versa, both should mutually agree on the "type" of sexual activity. Sex in marriage is intended by God to be pleasurable. Whatever both the husband and the wife agree upon is acceptable.

That having been said, there are certain types of sexual activity which can be hazardous to one's health. This is such a delicate area I do not want to elaborate any further, but if you have questions about sexual activity which can be unhealthy I suggest you talk to your physician. I am sure they would not recommend engaging in unhealthy acts.

The point of the passage above is that husbands and wives are to meet the sexual needs of their partners. To fail to do so will allow Satan an opportunity to cause one or both to stumble.
Mark 16:16

Last edited by WASR10; 08-27-2019 at 4:29 PM..