View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legasat View Post
.22 is not as effective as some other calibers, but it certainly better than a sharp stick.
The only difference between a .22 and a sharp stick is that you don't have to get as close with a .22. LOL Just kidding, but the real deterrence of a .22 is the visual effect of having a gun in your hand. Many bad guys would probably run away if they are not armed and determined.

If you have a problem with recoil, I suggest a FN Five-Seven. If that is too expensive, and they are expensive, there are some other alternatives, but we are limited in Comiefornia so it's tough to even get the FN 5.7. PMR 30 maybe, also not available in CA.

If it's just the recoil and you are not handicapped, I'd get a 9mm and practice.

Another thing, a lot of the preppers out there swear that the .22lr is the only thing you need for survival. And when I point out that the .22 is not going to be much of a deterrent against someone with an AR in 5.56, I get back, "Well I'll just shoot you in the eye." Or something to that effect. Self-deception is not a good tactic.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 09-28-2013 at 10:45 AM..