View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 5:00 PM

Default Scope Problems/Canting Crosshairs?

Hello everyone. I just got back from the range today after attempting to zero my rifle scope. I had many problems but was able to get groups within 3inches at 100 yards(bad i know). This is my second attempt at zeroing a scope on a rifle. I think my mistake may have been anticipating recoil and pulling off target. I also wasn't able to get perfect eye relief and as a result my cheek weld was too far forward and I ended up getting a nice hard tap from the scope onto the top of my left brow about 5 times. Had it not been for my eye protection, i think i may have cut my brow.

So I get home and want to check my eye relief. As I turn the scopes power down, i notice it feels odd. I look into the scope and my crosshairs are now canted. I check to see if the scope tube is loose, but everything is fine. The back of the scope (not sure of the name) is actually screwing off. I tighten it down as far to the right as possible, now its tight, but the cross hairs are totally canted.

Any solution to my problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm totally new to rifle scopes and am learning as I go, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. The scope is a inexpensive Bushnell Trophy 73-3940 3-9x40 that was handed down to me.

Last edited by josh250; 10-24-2013 at 5:55 PM..