View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 3:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone684 View Post
You bring up a good point. If I'm going to have something pinned, it may as well be something "good". I've never given it much thought before, so I'll surf around and see what's offered.

As far as the smith is concerned, my time here is somewhat limited. I found a local guy, but he's not taking any new work at the moment. If it comes down to it, can I send this to a smith in the Los Angeles area and pick it up in person once it's finished? Or would it be a no-no sending it into CA in its current configuration?
Smith would have to have to be a FFL with an AW Permit in that case.
Problem is with the 22/45 and MK series the barreled upper is the serialized part that counts as the firearm. Unlike most firearms that the grip frame is the firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmopar View Post
I was of the opinion that you cannot import or export mags without a permit or license of some sort. With that thought you should not have taken them out of the state and you definitly can't bring them back. Now someone tell me if I am wrong on this. Does it only apply to dealers. I have often wondered if I took my magazines out of state can I bring them back. I have always thought no. With moving out of state does it change anything.
Sorry you are wrong.

If you had the "large-capacity magazine" inside CA prior to Jan 1st 2000 it can then later leave the state and come back.

Last edited by Chaos47; 05-24-2013 at 3:29 PM..