View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 9:12 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
Honestly the army has really only been the branch that had interested me all that much. My sister is in the Air Force and only job that really interested me was security forces.. As for the navy corpse man would interest me since it can translate over.

Are there any other jobs you guys suggest I look into that would translate into the civilian world.

I want to be on the ground out there don't really want to sit behid a desk or computer.
Dude, you can get an EMT cert in about three months through a community college program... I did. If you're looking to enlist, look toward a rating or MOS that's going to give you a security clearance and technical training; you can easily get your EMT cert after getting out if you don't decide to put your clearance and training to work making $$$ for a defense contractor.

Navy Corpsman (HM) is more clinic nursing type of work... unless you get Fleet Marine Force, which is a small percentage of HM's as a whole. I worked with a guy who went 68W... he regretted it cuz he left 4 years later with just the basic veteran benefits and an EMT cert.

The general rule is - don't go HM/68W because you wanna become a civilian medic later on... and don't go MP/MA because you wanna become a civilian cop later on.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.