View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Threading a 700...best option?

I scooped up a Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical at my local shop at a price too good to walk away from. I figured it would be a donor action to send to Randall and didn't have much hope for it as a shooter.

Took it to the range and the best 5 shot group of the day was .355, the largest was 1.05. The rifle tends towards honest .5-.75 MOA 5 shot groups with the various match ammo I brought. Without doing a thing to it, the rifle is a shooter. However...I'd still like to put a muzzle brake on it for the purpose of being able to better track my own shot splash and hopefully put a suppressor on it when I escape CA in June.

Questions:
1) Will threading and putting on a brake potentially mess up a good thing? I'm happy with the accuracy and don't want to make it less accurate.

2) Is threading a barreled action cost effective? Or would I be better off to just spend the money to install a threaded Bartlien/Kreiger/aftermarket barrel?

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalkerM View Post
eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

Last edited by John Browning; 11-24-2019 at 11:33 AM..