View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 2:03 PM

Uhh... nope. If I want to hunt with a 6.8spc AR15, or a .308 Remington r15 I should be able to as well. But, because people stood idly by and let the CA legislature do exactly what you are advocating, i.e. divide and conquer, I don't have that ability in CA because they are "assault weapons".

Don't play their game. This is exactly what they want. If you call and write and plead to get your two favorite hunting guns put on some special list of "approved hunting rifles" then :
A. You have betrayed all of us by giving up the fight once your interests are taken care of.
B. Given them exactly what they are hoping for with these "exempt lists".

They WANT you to do this. Because then they can add a few non threatening popular and expensive guns to an approved list and immediately cut away half of the opposition. Then a few years later they will start whittling away at the approved firearms, and I assure you the people who lost their favorite guns because you caved once yours were protected will not stand with you.

I get the sense that you mean well, but frankly this is a very shortsighted way to go. It is time to hang together, or we will surely hang separately.

It is Not their place to decide which hunting rifles are appropriate or approved.