View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 6:53 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtan View Post
Hey folks and Happy Thanksgiving,
I used shoot long range comps every now and then, but recently sold my rig. I have been shooting my m&p more and more and would like to get into an idea or uspsa type competition. Before i do that i would like to get training for it. Im just looking to have fun (nothing serious) but want to be as well prepped for it as i can. If anyone could shed some light about where some matches are being held and if any of those locations provide newb training for those ready to start competing, i would be very appreciative.
I don't know if it will be of any help but i have Rauges basic handgun course under my belt (though i took it when i was 14, 7 years ago). I am comfortable with my M&P 9 and looking to take that next step. Oh and I'm located in the San Gabriel Valley with my main range being Angeles and my secondary being Prado.

Thanks!
One of our members Nathan Rollins holds a good beginner clinic at ISI in Piru, Ca. You can find out more about his clinics or reserve a spot in his thread here. My wife attended one of his clinics in November and she'd never put on a holster or stepped out from behind a stationary shooting bench before, and she learned a lot and had a great time. Jeff Bova who teaches the beginner class is a great instructor, who adds a little bit of comedy to keep things real.

Last edited by RoundEye; 12-04-2013 at 6:55 PM..