View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonLWilliams View Post
I went out to Steele Peake this morning because I had reloaded some 12 GA rounds and wanted to make sure that they were performing like I wanted.
I'm good to go again. There were alot of guys shooting down by the road {entrance} and I drove up the "hill" and set up the clay pigeon launcher..couple of younger guys shooting next to me....
Guys! Ranger Rick is gonna report back to Palm Springs that Steele Peake
shooters don't appreciate a shooting site and I wouldn't be surprised if we get this site closed down in the future. I guess I'm really old school...I am dumbfounded to why anyone would take "glass bottles out" and shoot and NEVER PICK up a single piece of glass. I shot 3 boxes of 12's...then raked up for a hour and I had a trash can 1/2 full of shotgun rounds. What's with fellow shotgunners...they don't think that once fired hulls should be picked up? The grandson and I just bought 6 lbs of Red Dot and 2000 Winchester 209's and 100 lbs of reclaimed shot. WE NEED this place to shoot and I'm not on a one man campaign to keep this open...I certainly don't want to drive up to Barstow and the open desert area to shoot. Just pick up and take more than what you bring in...you wouldn't litter at home...why would you do on this site what you wouldn't do at home? Have a good evening...
Don't forget the clay pigeons are a "no no" and are considered littering.