View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 9:07 PM

Originally a $100 pawn shop gun. Started out as all wood Revelation 310a (early 1970's variation of Mossberg 500). It would fire when rounds fed into chamber by hand but wouldnt cycle next round from feeding tube. Bought cheap used receiver parts kit from gun broker and now it feeds completely reliably.
The receiver is refinished the Brownells Alumahyde Semo Gloss Black. Reblued the magazine tube. Added the heat shield. The buttstock is an OD green Hogue butt stock with shell holder on the side. The front sight bead was missing too. Had a new hole threaded and new bead put in. Took off the C-lect-a-choke (variable choke) barrel and added a shorter used one I got cheap off eBay for barely 100 shipped right before the panic. The foreend is the original one. I refinished it in many coasts of amber shellac I had left from refinishing AK furniture.
I cant forget to also mention the original firing pin that came with it was actually a nail! It struck the primer reliably too but swapped it for real firing pin when I got the used receiver parts bag with the rest of the better condition stuff.