View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 3:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmassner View Post
So.... I've read this whole thread. I live in NV (so no such restrictions), but am going camping up in Sequoia NP next week. I see that I can UOC (a foreign concept, but whatever). However, what isn't clear to me is where I can carry the loaded magazine(s). In my pocket? Or do they have to be tucked in my belt? I don't have a belt carrier, but I could put them behind my belt. And do I need to (or should I) have an empty mag in the 1911?

I'm not particularly trying to make a statement, I just prefer to have a weapon on hand for the unexpected.

I could ask the rangers when I get there, I guess.

Thanks in advance.
For UOC you can have the magazines anywhere that doesn't make the firearm "ready to fire", meaning not inserted into the magwell or attached to the firearm. So, you can have them in your pocket, under your belt, or you could pickup a cheap mag holder for your belt which is my recommendation.

I wouldn't keep an unloaded mag in the firearm unless you're trying to give the appearance of loaded, which may be an intent if you're carrying to ward of unwanted persons. Keeping the magwell empty allows for a quicker loading time, and keeps the magwell free of any possible jams or obstructions that could be caused by trying to drop the empty mag and load the full one in a time of high stress.
Glock Certified Armorer