View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

I'm younger(23) but I have some cash to spend on stuff that I want. I recently moved back to San Diego, and while there are more gun stores here, they are all super busy. I currently don't have a job so I decided to familiarize myself with the stores within driving distance. Here are my thoughts on the few that stood out.

American shooting center is more of a range than a store, but the staff seemed nice and helpful when I did want to buy something.

Discount gun mart I cannot stand. Their staff is young, but not in an understanding helpful way, they seem douchey. Their prices are very high and the range on Morena was filthy.

Parallax is cool and they have stuff, but too many people and I didn't like the feel of the employees(whatever that means to you.)

Wiser owl seemed nice, but like most people have said they have almost nothing to sell and even with 4 people in the shop they seemed swamped.

El Cajon gun exchange had ammo and people trying to sell guns, but for the most part they were older and just plain rude.

California police supply is just that, a police supply place, their prices seem high and their staff has a somewhat gruff demeanor. It's almost like they want to sell to the police or something.

Turners is great, the staff are young and honest about expectations during this time. It may take awhile to get helped but when you do get helped they help you until you are satisfied, just don't forget to take a number.

The one that I have had the best experience with and few people have commented on is P2K range in El Cajon. It is a bit of a drive, quite often busy and as most of the above their stock right now is limited. The staff is young and as long as you talk to the guys and not the girls(as pretty as they may be) they are helpful and knowledgeable. The prices for things other than guns seem fair(as fair as anyone right now) but their range fees are rather high if you want to shoot for awhile. I have only been there since the shootings so almost everything "black and scary" is sold out, but they have shotguns and some handguns for seemingly reasonable prices. It is first and foremost a range, which is reflected by the 100 yard indoor range and outside shotgun area, but their customer service is good if you get in line and wait your turn.