Thread: SSZS Archives
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 7:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
200 miles. That's just a drop in the bucket compared the 1300 mile round trip we did last summer to the Area 53 Shoot in N. Nevada outside Lovelock. We rented a trailer for the 3 of us. There were two guys who came from the L.A., area also, but admittedly, most were from the Bay area.

Now, saying that, I won't do it again as that was just way too long, but 200 miles is a cinch and you will have a good time. BTW, I was joking with roll eyes smilie.
I've done many trips to Palimino Valley for matches. When I've camped at the range, I've only put 1300-1500 miles on my truck. When I've stayed at my place in Tahoe, I've put closer to 1800 miles on my truck each time. But, for a day of plinking, 200 miles is a lot. Speacially when I have to make it back home in a timely manner to care for the dogs.

Lyte-

I'll let you know a week or so before so that your quad will be there one way or another.

Andrew,

If I go, I'll have Lyte-'s quad with me. So, carpooling in your vehicle is out. You can catch a ride with me if, you are not planning on staying over night.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV