View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 2:27 PM

I agree. I just thought I'd throw it out. I wish there was another way we could communicate our finds. That's why if i can I'll pick up extra ammo for the consistent contributors. I pay cash for everything so it may not work out if i don't have enough cash.

AO - good idea. I wont be so quick to intro CG. But I do it to get more people to help us fight to keep our rights. Funny that we have to fight to do that.

Here's some additional detail about my experience this morning at Wally's that I posted on the LA/IE/OC thread:
An interesting note on what I posted this am.
I saw a guy I know this afternoon who happened to go in and buy ammo right after I did. We must have missed each other by a minute. After talking to him we think that the employees are hoarding/hiding stuff themselves. Duh.

Here's what happened. I bought what I thought was the last 333-pk of 22lr. And I was pretty happy just get that. It was on the shelf but towards the back. SO you couldn't really see it when you walked by since the 22lr is always om the top shelf. When I was paying that's when I noticed the box of 555-pks on the inventory/stocking cart. I thought once ammo is pulled out it is supposed to be put directly in the case. She said she hadn't noticed it. Hmm. I had already paid for the 333 pack. So i could only buy 2 more boxes. Obviously I would have wanted the 555-pk instead but oh well. Well when the guy i know came in. Which was what we figured to be only a minute or two after I left. He saw the 555-pks, wanted to buy his 3 but the cashier seemed to want to steer him to 333-pks. But he wasn't biting since he wanted the bigger packs. Which when I got there I got the only 1 333-pk that was on the shelf. So something was funky.
On top of that I think another cashier saw me walking out with my 3 boxes, took her break immediately after and checked in to the ammo case. That's when she must have clocked out or something and bought the last few boxes right after this guy.

So add that to what other peeps have been posting about not finding ammo and its just another indication that we are fighting for ammo right along with the employees in some locations. I just hope they are fellow enthusiasts and not opportunists just trying to cash in for themselves or friends.

Good luck out there.

BTW - Faith Armory in Temecula has 22lr $5/50-pk, AE 223 for $15/20-pk