View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 9:52 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Hi LB, that was covered twice above. But cliffs notes if you don't want to read, yes. The shims were stacked. And more important, it was awknolaged that its not a true zero stop, that it was inconsistent to the point of not knowing if I went all the way through the dial again. Am I back to zero? or 12 moa past zero? That was the concern.

You're the second guy who didn't get it. Another member explained it for the first guy, I appreciated it. Obviously I could have written it more clearly.

Thanks
I totally got it (and addressed just that in my post)... I will admit however, that I overlooked the post that you acknowledged stacking the shims alternating the opening... I'm no physicist, but that seemed the most likely cause for your problem (not a whole lot of things it could be - since you confirmed that the turret cap was tight and not slipping).

I've done a boatload of research on this scope (4-16x50 and 6-24x50) and haven't seen this problem repeated by anyone... apparently its an anomaly - that I'm sure Vortex would address... and yes, I saw that you don't want to go that rout.

Looks like the custom cut shim did the job - so it had to have something to do with the way the shims stacked... unless of course you still have the issue after tested with recoil.