View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
you're walking a thin line in the Ladies Forum, Big Jake.....just sayin'.

reminder: Mr K started this forum so the women of calguns could avoid the leg humpers.........

yeah, we're paranoid but we have cause to be.

I have a feeling that they're already dating each other in real life. They were cutsey-wootsey smoochy-woochy with each other all over CalGuns right from day one. Ah, CalGuns...love blooms wild here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia Princess
Any suggestions as to where I should start

Are you looking to purchase an assembled AR straight from a store and then customize the extras? If so, one thing that really helped me was that I visited a local gun store and tried out the various brands and models. Every person has a different body type and preference - Short arms, wide shoulders, boney shoulders, etc.

For example, I am 5'9" tall and I have long arms. Some models of AR just did not work for me because the stock was too short or the "balance" of the rifle didn't seem right to me. All I did was just ask to hold it and then I would tuck it into my shoulder and see how it "fit". Over several auditions, it seemed pretty clear that one particular brand always felt the best to me. That helped me narrow down my choices. Later, you can work out the bazillion customizations and accessories to add if you want them.

I hope this helps! Congrats and keep us updated on what you're putting together!

BK