View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

This thread is off the hinges.

OP is CSMR SPC, and wants to be CSMR officer in a Cyber role.

While the option was suggested to him, all the sudden it's presumed he'll be going NG/USAR officer.

Then somewhere along the line the APFT standards are being thrown in there.

It's probably very remote CSMR will roll out any sort of fitness standard beyond initial entry.

I'm going to continue to go off topic here:

As for the new Army fitness standard, it's MOS specific and gender neutral. You are either combat and held to a higher standard or you are not. My MOS as Quartermaster now has a run time that's on par with women in my age bracket.

I will be give essentially 20min to run now.

Ignoring the new standards and events, focus on the fact it will need special equipment now. This equipment (two sets) is only going to be issued at the Battalion Level. So the APFT will end up having to be a BN level event taking up and entire weekend. Soldiers will start missing the event simply because there is never any weekend when all 100% are present. We wont be able to issue make ups because we wont have the equipment at the company level.

Ignoring the events and injuries, soldiers will simply fall outside the standards simply because they have personal schedules that prevent them from attending APFT events that now take special efforts to execute at the BN level.

Schools will get missed, Promotions will get missed.

I think the new process will survive, but only because so much other nonsense survives and we "keep pounding" in the face of the nonsense.

It's impossible to get someone kicked out for failing to show up, and soon it will be impossible to get them kicked out for APFT failures.

APFT will have to become something that eventually just gets commonly waived because of the above mentioned.