View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
Just a fyi: During the first clean up (2012 IIRC), two of the rangers advised me the area on the right, at the bottom of the hill when you first drive in, is too close to the road for shooting. The rangers said the area was less than 150yrds. from the road and therefore not permitted.

Since I do not go there to shoot other than during the cleanups, I have no idea if they cited people for shooting there the last couple of years. I would surmise something occurred recently that prompted the signage being posted Saturday.
It's also the area where the lazy people go...

Too lazy to walk up the hill = too lazy to pick up their trash!

I'm sure the green BLM stakes were simply to replace the ones that the knuckleheads shot up in the last year! I cleaned up 4-5 of those fiberglass stakes out on the backside that had been shot to S#!t!!!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx