View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Calguns Addict

I do most of the things on that list... pro-gun attire, donation to pro-rights groups, sharing information via social media, exercising as many 2A-related rights as possible. I invested several weekends of my time and effort in the Gunmageddon recall petition, as many as I could manage. And of course, I vote every time I have the opportunity.

I've added one recently - prayer. I'm not a big religious guy, I'm far from what anyone would consider a "saint" and don't think much of most "organized" religion these days... but I've seen it work wonders and boy howdy are we in need of some wonders. I don't think much of people who pray, pray, pray and then never get off their duff to do anything to make themselves ready to receive what they're praying for or provide some mechanism through which the Divine might actually fulfill their request... I keep telling myself it's coincidence I started this practice 2 weeks before Magapalooza broke wide open but then... a lot of other people have no doubt been praying too... so - who knows? We could use a few judges and others in influential positions having a vision like Paul did in the book of Acts, of a man pleading "Come over into Macedonia and help us!". Rather than washing their hands of us like Pilate infamously did on the day of the Crucifixion, as Gavin Gruesome and his cohorts seem inclined to do.

If you're doing just about everything on that list, and still not getting results... prayer's one more thing you can toss into the list. I generally think God doesn't care much about which side wins football games or elections because in His eyes I don't think there seems to be a lot of difference... but if it matters to US, then why not take it to Him? It seems weird hearing myself go on like this, but we need miracles and miracles are in short supply these days. What does it cost us to add this one last thing? A few minutes a day, and the thought to do it? NOBODY can say they can't afford that kind of time and expense. Just a thought.

Last edited by bruss01; 04-18-2019 at 1:12 PM..