Thread: Santa Clara
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
No sheriff has been defeated over the sole issue of CCW ever in the state's history. Ever. The sheriff herself has the authority to issue licenses.

2Cute2Shoot, if you know Laurie Smith personally, please advise her that the County Board of Supervisors has no authority to restrict her issuance of licenses, and her next election is 2014 and she will not be defeated over the issue of CCW. Sheriff Hennessey in San Francisco can more freely issue licenses and he still wouldn't be defeated for election. No one cares except for us and the Brady campaign crazies.
Hi Gray well i was ignorant about this too and so mad about ccw's until i got to know some officers from San Jose. They totally explained everything to me.

first, it is not that sheriff smith would lose her sheriff's race if she gave out ccw's to everybody. that is not the issue. What is the issue is that many people in Santa Clara (and CA for that matter ) are very 'anti' gun. So just know that sheriff smith is conservative!! tho i have never talked to her personally, lots of officers have told me this and that she was supported by all the big republicans!

so anyway....I have been told that if the sheriff were giving out ccw's to everybody, and then if one of those people would do a crime or shoot somebody, etc, there would be lots of angry people who are anti-gun and they would be complaining not only about the sheriff but also about the supervisors and councilpeople, etc and they would get tons of bad press. So basically all the politicians..even those that are 'conservative' are telling sheriff smith to just keep on what she is doing

So what i am saying is not to make some big donation or a payoff, but just get to know some of the officers so that they know about your character and that you are totally safe to have a ccw. Now that is only a start, but if you can see it from their points, they also just want to keep their jobs and also keep San Jose/Santa Clara safe!