View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 7:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Possible Bullet Button Convertible issue.

We have been recently made aware that a condition may exist where the Bullet Button Convertible can be cammed over and depressed to drop the magazine. If the threads on the magazine catch are far enough down the shaft they can catch on the body and drop the magazine.

This issue only exists in the first batch and we have resolved it by beveling the bottom hole. The fix is simple and can be done in the field with simple tools.

All new units are beveled on the bottom hole, to avoid the 90 degree edge from contacting a magazine catch with threading that is low enough to make contact with the BBC body.

If you have an issue, send me an address, and I will swap a new body with any that are not beveled.

If you are not comfortable with the operation of this setup in your rifle, I will replace it with a standard Bullet Button and Wonder Wrench combo instead. Just send the Convertible back and we will send out a replacement set.

We want 100% customer satisfaction and 100% safe products.

A slight bevel can be added to any existing BBC with a drill bit that cuts at a 60 degree or 45 degree angle. Even a pocket knife can be used to bevel the lower edge. If you do not want to send the product in, you can try doing the bevel, and if you are not successful, I will still replace for a new BBC or swap for a Bullet Button/ Wonder Wrench.

Beta testing did not expose this issue, as we only have a select group of rifles and magazine catches. To be safe, even if your unit deos not drop the mag, please bevel the bottom edge in case you move the unit to another rifle at a later date.

Thank you.

Darin

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1&postcount=81

www.bulletbutton.com

Last edited by Prince50; 02-02-2011 at 10:39 AM..