View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCpl Kutches View Post
......Considering your AK-47 heavily loses any accuracy to hit a target past 100 yrds,....
One shouldn't confuse the shooters lack of ability with what the weapon is capable of. See my previous post.

Quote:
..... but can't sustain long fighting.......
????? You mean the Russians have been able to hide for over 50 yrs that their main infantry weapon was incapable of surviving a long fire fight. I am sure there are quite a few Nam vets would would dispute that claim.

Quote:
Give me a AR-15 any day. I can carry more rounds and be more accurate.
Yes you can carry more of a smaller round but the flip side of that is you then also need to use more of those rounds to put an enemy down for the count or reach him behind a barrier.

Just like with the 9mm and .45. That 15rd (or even 18) 9mm mag doesn't account for as many bad guys as you think once you figure in the 2-in-the-chest/1-in-the-head training it requires. While an 8 round 1911 usually equals 8 dead/or down bad guys with single center mass hits.

With MOST combat being documented as taking place well within 100yds (even closer for SHTF I would venture) any long range abilities are really moot in this scenario. But again see my earlier post.