View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 2:36 PM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up San Marcos Store

Well I am pleased to say I spent money today and had a great experience. I went in just after noon while waiting for the kids to get out of school. I've been there before, had long waits at times, and I knew this would be a good time. I was going to look at AR uppers and lowers on a whim. I was waiting maybe for 4 minutes before Josh asked if I wanted help. I passed my spot to another customer to window shop a bit more while listening to some FUD spreaders (one was an NRA instructor who I trained with when I was 21) talking about how .30-30's were the latest and greatest in home defense (Umm, really?).

After maybe 7 minutes total, I was then asked by Mike if I wanted help. I asked him to pass the Mosin-Nagant that was on sale as we both shared a WTF moment to what we just heard. I had him price out the Mosin and two Marlin 795's I had been wanting to make Liberty Training Rifles for the wife and I for an upcoming Appleseed. He even asked if I wanted to look at the one other Mosin they had in the back to be sure the shelf model was what I wanted. I said sure, and he gladly brought it out and opened the box. It was still taped up and wasn't even unwrapped yet. I would and have gotten grief at the other well known Mosin retailer. The price was right, and I told him to write me up for all 3. I was very pleased with the service and it only got better as Mike and I were chatting and I told him I was a CalGunner.

He asked me if I had seen the sales flyers posted here and told me how Turner's was working towards an ever improving relationship with CalGun's. I told him I did, but money was the issue from me coming in to purchase from those ads. He gave me his business card and I was surprised to see that he was the store manager. We're both H&K fans and he said he'd help me with whatever I needed including payment plans. What great above the top service! Not to mention after the $50 Marlin rebates my total out the door will have been $379 including tax and DROS. Not a bad deal for three guns. I will be back to pick up my new toys soon and will likely buy the accessories I need there as well. Thank you Turner's and give Mike and Josh the "attaboys" they deserve. Josh has helped me before and he knows his stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsnuffer
It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

Last edited by TheExpertish; 09-07-2011 at 2:43 PM..