View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 9:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjonesrealtor View Post
Dedicated lower would certainly be ideal. Here's some good info from MechTech's forum: http://www.mechtechsys.com/forum/vie....php?f=3&t=650. I'm still not seeing the problem converting back and forth. Unlike AR pistols, the Glock lower never has a stock affixed to it. The stock is fixed to the upper. Therefore it is not possible to configure any of the parts together in a way that creates a SBR (by definition a "rifle" is designed to be fired from the shoulder). I can see where going from AR pistol > rifle > pistol would be trouble because you have the parts readily available to configure a SBR (take your AR lower w/stock attached and simply add the pistol upper to it). No bueno! But obviously there's no way to put your Glock OEM upper back on AND have a stock attached. That's my story and I'm sticking to it
Bad Juju. In CA, converting a rifle to a pistol is illegal. It doesn't matter where the stock is/was attached. A short-barreled rifle, as defined in CA, is not required to have a stock.

I'll post the code again for you to read:

Penal Code 17170
As used in Sections 16530 and 16640, Sections 17720 to 17730, inclusive, Section 17740, Article 1 (commencing with Section 27500) of Chapter 4 of Division 6 of Title 4, and Article 1 (commencing with Section 33210) of Chapter 8 of Division 10 of Title 4, "short-barreled rifle" means any of the following:
(a) A rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.
(b) A rifle with an overall length of less than 26 inches.
(c) Any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if that weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.

Last edited by mej16489; 05-09-2013 at 9:50 AM..