View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter9659 View Post
Sportsmen's Supply has been reportedly been collecting tax on Face to Face PPTs, though Sportsmen's is acting as nothing more than the FFL filing the DROS (non-consignment or assisting in negotiating prices). I would not have known this had a friend of mine just purchased a firearm using them as the FFL. This same person was also told even though they own a gun safe, they must have/purchase a gun lock.
If they are charging sales tax on a FTF PPT, then they are wrong and the person should contact the BOE and perhaps the DOJ since they charging additional fees.

As to the lock, that is correct (maybe). There is a Federal law which requires a lock with a handgun, but it has not been properly published as required, so there is some question about it. The Federal law mentions a safe, but the claim is that the FFL has to provide it, which clearly is an issue with regards to the safe. The Feds don't accept the gun safe affidavit, well, that is what they say, but since it is not published, it is unknown.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein