Thread: Alameda
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdrridg View Post
Just found this thread - interesting to see the progression.

My LTC took 10 months in Alameda County. I know the sheriff personally and he treats all the same - "I don't shuffle the deck for anyone". I do know he has put additional personnel on duty in IA to get through the applications faster.

I have to say the CA CCW process is very 'broken' in that it is far from standardized. The hoops that we have to jump through are OK by me. I like the reasoning that we need to be at least proficient and the class taught by the ACSO at the range is top notch (and you have to shoot annually to ensure proficiency). I am good with all of that - the issue I have is that each county has their own standards - it's ridiculous!
If (even by itself) 10 months is part of the "hoops that we have to jump through", that to me is NOT OK. I don't know the Sheriff personally, enough said about that part of the element.

The entire process is indeed broken, but whose fault is that? We could say it's the People's fault for voting these people in, but there is way more to it.

It's also NOT ok to approve a carry license for the reasons set forth in one of the parts of the ALCO good cause statements where the race card is dealt by an applicant, nor is it OK to approve because one is "connected" (which I can see in others).

There is a really good reason why litigation is necessary here, but then we have Richards, Peruta, Baker, Kachalsky, Peterson, Woollard, Osterweil, Piszczatoski and others I might have forgotten. I can't see being 0 for all that on cert grant. It's a matter of when we are able to count to 5, but the antis need to be careful what they wish for too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrickel View Post
Can you enlighten us as far as what the Sheriff considers sufficient good cause to issue a permit?
It's all in the good cause statements, and if you are "similarly situated" to any, you have sufficient cause, but that does NOT mean you'll be recommended or approved for a carry license. Read the statements carefully, and don't just read them once.

Since access to the statements is apparently down, here are all four parts attached:

Erik.

Last edited by Window_Seat; 11-14-2013 at 10:25 PM..