View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 AM

JMB,
you are dangerously dancing in libel and well past the point of out right lies.
you have ZERO evidence to support ANY of the numbers or accusations you spew while attempting to discredit those who take the time to produce information because it does not support your BS.
I would bet you're lying when you claim not to know Lipson either.
only the membership can change the price of the dues. not the board!
last January, 349 members voted for the increase. I voted against it.
more than half of the voting eligible members didn't bother to vote.
if your claim that the 240ish members that voted for Lipson is a large representation of the membership, how would you characterize 100 more?
with the exception of a few hours on 2 Sundays a month, there are always bays available to the general membership. I don't like the term plinkers its not an insult to plink and I don't know any shooter competitive or otherwise that doesn't plink at some point. there should be no delineation between someone who prefers to shoot privately vs those more gregarious. the purpose of the club has ALWAYS been to support the shooting sports. all 1600 members are encouraged to pick up their guns, come out, socialize and hone their skills. you do not have to own the top equipment or excel at the game to participate. action pistol, 3gun, idpa, and lesa are all designed to improve your ability to react in a stressful and dangerous situation, like a burglary, and its FUN. the high power, pbr and the silhouette games are designed to improve your skills in the field(some find it FUN) grab your hunting rifle and learn how to be more accurate in the field. cowboy action increases your familiarity with your wheel guns and is just plain FUN. call your board members, find out how to get involved. or if you don't want the company (I like some private time too) check the calendar to see which bays are open and come on down. there's ALWAYS room for one more. this is a non issue that some are trying to use as a wedge. if you've ever been blocked out of the range, I encourage you to contact the Sargent of Arms, identify yourself and when it occurred and allow the board to work on it. to date, I don't believe anyone has ever done this.