Thread: Sacramento
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Two points. First, we're not taking 100% credit, but I can tell you that when the Cal State Sheriff's Association talks about this issue, CGF is the primary thing they talk about. When we filed the very first post Heller carry case many other gun rights organizations (who now wish to claim they support carry litigation - especially after Moore) told us we were insane to push this issue. I can clearly state that CGF is the only gun rights organization to push a county in California to virtually shall issue. In addition, the increases in many other counties are solely (or in partnership with one or two other groups) our efforts. There are other smaller counties that have always been VSI that have simply had increases due to the reasons you mention though.

Second, the incoming and now current Sac Sheriff took more convincing than you think. A CGF volunteer - who refuses to be talked about - did the heavy political lifting. It burns when people who aren't close to the issues don't understand the fact that that volunteer can not be quoted and due to the ongoing case/controversy we can't publish privileged exchanges with the County - but at least those are alluded to in the blog post I made earlier.

When Richards is over, I'll happily share written proof of CGF and SAF's role in turning Sacramento virtually shall issue.

But going back to point 1, you have no idea how hard people disbelieved that Sac was VSI until they then started to tell us that we had no involvement in creating that. Gun owners have some difficulty getting over old wives' tales.

-Gene
Well, OK i guess we will see as you have asked me to wait for Richards. As for volunteers who got stuff done? I won't discount that either!

However, my experience is that when a volunteer sticks their neck out to help in other counties and actually gets results, they seem to get thrown by the wayside and told that their accomplishments were not important to the cause.

I look forward to hearing about the SAC volunteer. People that makes reference letters disappear and convincing a Sheriff to issue for "self defense" isn't a big deal.

Your minions may have been committed to SAC and a few other counties but the rest of the state is still waiting and was told to me that CGF doesn't have the time for such things any more.