View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 8:45 PM
fn2187 fn2187 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Father to son 10/22 gift

If I am reading everything correctly, if I gift a 10/22 that I've owned for about 30 years to my son, and provided he's legal to own a firearm (he is), there is no DOJ form he needs to fill out, correct? We are both CA residents.

We just jumped through the interfamilial xfer hoops on a pistol I gifted him, so I understand how that all works. But for a long gun I think I just give it to him and that's it, he does not need to do any paperwork at all.

Let me know if I am off the mark. Thanks!
Reply With Quote