View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 4:46 PM

Nope, never heard that one. I have heard the idiom, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." but I don't necessarily need to make a friend. I however agree that you should always be respectful of those who are charged with protecting us but disagree about police friend making. Never talk to police beyond what you are legally required. I have had LEO friends and I they have given me the same advice. Or more accurately, they have told me stories of how people talked themselves into a cell over and over again and that amounts to about the same thing.

Keep yourself legal, be respectful and shut the hell up.
I am a member of the human race. All relevant information is to be found in my passport. And except when there is good reason for suspecting me of some crime, I will refuse to submit to police interrogation, on the grounds that any such interrogation is an intolerable nuisance. And life being as short as it is, a waste of time. Any infringement on my privacy, or interference with my liberty, any assault, however petty, against my dignity as a human being, will be rigorously prosecuted-Orson W.