View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 7:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I bought my Type 2 last year off Gunbroker. It was a little over $1500 and now I see they are sitting north of $2000. Great addition to my Arisaka collection. I buy my ammo online. Target Sports USA sells boxes for a bit over a dollar a round.

Below are some photos I just took after seeing this thread. The gun is about as clean as I can get it. The issue with mine is with the wedge that connects the two halves. If I tighten the wedge in place with the "D ring screw cap" all the way, the wedge gets stuck to a point that the only way to get behind it and tap it out is to disassemble the sheet metal cover and pry it off.

I thought of many ways to try to fix the rifle, but in the end, I decided to leave it alone. I have a reminder attached to the D ring in case someone other than myself is holding the rifle.

At the range, it's one round at a time with the wedge in place held by a finger.

The gun is literally a Type 99 cut in two and it behaves just like that. Remember that the Japanese named their guns after the year they were manufactured. Except their years were based on the age of the Emperor. So the Type 2 followed the 30, 38, 44, 99, then on to the 2.

Jason

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg