Thread: AR 15 Optics
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 9:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
Arggghh I can't decide eotech/aimpoint with 3x magnifier or 1-4x scope!? If ***** hit the fan which is better? I'm talking zombie apocalypse, china invading us, aliens coming down kinda *****
hahaha... welcome to my world... I find shopping for optics harder than trying to figure out which rifle to buy.

REALISTICALLY - What is the bulk of your shooting going to be? I know its not waiting for the zombies to come... Your optic should match the style of shooter you are, and the type of shooting you do...

This is why I own more than 1 optic for the same rifle, I couldn't make a decision on just one. There is some overlap in application here, but they all have their own strengths and weaknesses.

3 different optics on QD mounts:
ACOG TA31F
Vortex 1-4x
Red Dot

To buy one optic for zombies or aliens (SHTF) I would pick an ACOG. The ACOG has too many downfalls to by MY primary optic. If you want to read more about WHY... read this thread.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=568201

If you want the most versatile for the usable range of an AR, get GOOD a 1-4x

If you want something that rocks in CBQ and fast reflex shooting, get a Eotech or Aimpoint.

For the price of an Eotech/Mag combo, you can pretty much get an Eotech and a 1-4x scope... Call it a backup optic for the zombies if you want.