View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkwayDrive View Post
No one forgets riflemen win wars. That's my point. Why not add more active infantry units? Active infantry are much better equipped and trained so it makes more sense to have more active units than guard. Having the active units "partner" with NG only hinders their training. The guard is useful for many reasons but it makes more sense to keep the infantry units active to have the most training possible.
I think they should just make it so in order to be at reservist infantryman you must have been an active infantryman. There are a lot of good guys who just don't want to deal with the stress of AD life anymore but are great war fighters and if they need ever arose could quickly regain a lot of forgotten knowledge with a month or two of straight training prior to be sent down range.

I have my own personal opinion of non prior service reservists, to prevent an outbreak of manstrating I won't get into it. But the reserves has it's place, they just need to realize what it is. I think a great indicator of the complete disconnect reservists have from active service is the thread on this page about how they were blown away and pissed they were missing 4th of July or how horrible it is to work on Super Bowl day. I have never in my life heard of an AD unit scheduling training around or to avoid a holiday or game or anything. If they have the ammo and slot for a range and it falls on a holiday sucks to suck we have people to kill and we need to ensure we are prepared to do that downrange.