View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 7:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Lessons from Shanghai: don't let people buy gasoline?

Quote:
Chinese police have identified a suspect who might be responsible for the fire that gutted a commuter bus, killing 47 and injuring dozens more during rush hour in the southeastern port city of Xiamen.

Investigators said early on Saturday that the fire appeared to be intentionally set, and not an accident, the state news agency Xinhua reported.

Xinhua also said that in addition to the 47 dead, 34 people remained hospitalised.
source

I don't even know what kind of lesson you can draw, other than, crazy people will do crazy things, and maybe we should be selective about which people we allow in to our free and open society. In particular, for some recent attacks, like the Chechen bombers, or the Fort Hood shooter, those attacks were a failure of immigration policy, not of any type of weapon legislation. Other than that, there isn't much pattern or much that can be done about it, as the Chinese bus burning attacks show unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglabe View Post
The reason he has not been named yet is because his name is John Zawahri. I will let you put 2+2 together on that one. If his name was John Smith I bet his name would've been released as the story broke. Feels like I am watching news in Iran the way they control what you are told.
I'm pretty sure his real name was Samir, not John. John sounds a lot better as the name of a shooter than Samir, especially now that immigration is a touchy subject. But whether he's John or Samir, he shares a last name and probably an ethnic origin with the current leader of Al Qeda. Diversity is a strength!

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.

Last edited by CCWFacts; 06-09-2013 at 7:05 AM..