View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Spin View Post
OK, scratch my First Ammendment rights on a technicality, haha. My point is that pompous and nieve attacks on my FIRST POST on local politics from someone 1000 miles away are silly and hold no merit.

Now, you want to turn this into a JONES VS COOPER race. Let me respond from my FIRST post, however ROOKIE "ya'll mite thunk it mea bee":

The best indicator of the future is history...Hence.

Craig + Blanas + McGinness + Jones = Same Ole Same Ole...the maths pretty easy....

As far as Cooper, dont know. But, I do know his stated policy here is more complex than just "passing it to DOJ". Its uniformity to more CCW flexible Counties in the State and he doesnt lie to get a vote. Secondly, at least Cooper is a Cop, Jones, a lawyer.

And yes, he was Blanas's Legal Advisor and continues to be McGinness's.
And yes, he wrote the current policy to protect McGinness, not us. What do you think Legal Advisors do.

And yes, in the last 8 months more CCW's have been issued...whats changed. A "LEGAL" issue or an election...still waiting for that response...

Or, maybe he's treating us like fools to get elected...go ahead and be led down that road my friend, I wont be.
My Issue with Cooper is not his CCW policy as much as the tone he takes. Cooper strikes me as the cop who has been on the beat way to long. He strikes me as a man who views those who hate cops as either criminals or those with issues for authority. Cooper carries a very big "US vs THEM" attitude which is a problem often found amongst career cops. Is this a problem? Not if your career plan is to never do anything in a supervisor capacity and are happy patrolling South Sac or Oak Park, however if you are going to be put into a position where you will be making decisions that ultimately effect the entire population of your county, then you can't have the "US vs THEM" attitude.

Sadly you are right on one point. All of our previous Sheriffs have had the "US vs THEM" attitude, so they have all been the same. So Cooper will be another in the long line of Sheriff's who view their county residents as nothing, but potential suspects rather then law bidding citizens. I do not support Jones, because I believe he too carries the same career cop attitude that every citizen is a suspect. My candidate was Bret Daniels. He lost and now my vote will go to Jones, because of his CCW stance.

This being said, I believe the biggest problem with our Sheriffs Department is their lack of community service. Not every citizen is a suspect you need a plan to arrest or kill, they are the people you are suppose to be servicing. Take a page from Cpt Hahn with Sac PD and I think the Sheriffs Department will find themselves sitting in a much better boat.

off topic rant, over...