View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 7:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Folks,

Went to American GunWorks in Glendale and purchased a CZ 527 in Grendel. I liked the looks and the fact it is walnut and steel. It has 24 inch barrel, 5 shot detachable steel mag. I am going to use it for testing out my reloads for my AR rifles, and the occasional coyote hunt. It is coming from a distributor in Pennsylvania, I figure about a week to 10 days to get here. Then California moronic 10 day wait. A2
Great decision on the purchase of the CZ 527 in 6.5G. The 527 is an amazingly well put together rifle, and the cartridge is a capable little package of fun. Don't be surprised if you find the little bolt rifle becoming your "go to" rifle when reaching into the safe for a trip to the field, or range.
I really like the improved mini Mauser receiver CZ produces with its rear stabilized bolt pull, and tough as nails Mauser extractor. I like the adjustability of the trigger, and the quality of the CZ barrels which in my experience are excellent.
I like the overall size of the 527, which is well suited for actually taking out in the field for hunting, plinking or target shooting, and the selection of small cartridges the rifle is chambered for are very practical even though some of them are largely ignored by other manufacturers. .22 Hornet, .17 hornet, .221 fireball, and now 6.5 grendel, all great small cartridges yet difficult to find chambered in other platforms. One can only wonder. In any case congrats on the purchase, and enjoy the heck out of it.

Last edited by bridgeport; 09-24-2017 at 7:33 AM..