View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Personally, I use a Lee Classic Cast for most of my single stage sizing now......

.....For a good single stage press, look at the RCBS Rockchucker or perhaps a Forester Bonanza press.
I noticed that you chose RCBS over Lee for the "good stuff" group and even recommended it again here, but you actually use the Lee yourself. I realize you said this because you wanted to mount it and not care if it rusts but you don't strike me as a person who would use a lesser quality press just because it would get dirty, especially when it's only $100.

So to a new reloader who is about to buy all his starting equipment... why the RCBS over the Lee?

I was going to go with the Lee Classic Cast (maybe the breech lock one, IDK the difference yet) and put in the Hornady L-N-L conversion kit to make switching dies a little easier. But I was trying to figure out if the LNL kit works with the high end Redding dies.

Would love your input. Thank you.

ETA: I realize this thread is beyond old but I figured it was a sticky and didn't want to start a whole new thread just for my question.