View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy91 View Post
Well, my suspicions were correct. I wasn't "recommended" to continue towards the background process because my oral interview results were not up to their requirements, or maybe expectations based on other applicant's results. I'm still on the eligible list for another 12 months, but I've already started applying for another department. I expected this from the minute I left the room because 8 minutes can't be enough to explain myself or give a good impression... especially with 6 questions that were hardly related to what I was told/recommended to study. I'm a little sad, but still pushing on. I should have expected these results since over 7k people applied for 100 jobs in that department. Honestly, the failure doesn't upset me as much as the loss of 6 months and about $200 in gas, requests for paperwork, and other material costs. I answered the questions how I felt was correct at the time, but obviously it wasn't satisfactory.

Don't consider it a waste of time and money. You now have some experience and you can apply that to the next interview. Also, once you have gotten all the required paperwork, save it in a file. Most depts require the same stuff. Now you have it at your fingertips.

Gret avice given here, but I would add this; slow down!! Without even being there, I can probably state that you went too fast. I know I did on some of my interviews.

Part of what they want to see is your thought process. Listn to the question, make sure you heard it correctly and pause if needed to gather your thoughts.

They don't want to hear canned answer after canned answer. That gives them no insight into your tought process and it does not allow them see that you can think on your feet.

Last edited by greg36f; 07-01-2013 at 7:17 PM..