Thread: Gift
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 AM

Bugs and MZ are right. Now remember, this is the "grown up woman's " point of view, not the 20-somethings take.

If your girl is a student and has never worked, she isn't going to get it that you can't just take the week off to fly around the country. If she's a lot better off than you, she won't get it that you can't just jump on planes and buy diamond earrings. And remember if you go, there's a built-in "meet the parents" thing going on.

I would take it real slowly with this girl, she doesn't sound like she comes from your world. And just for laughs, listen (all the way through) to Tim McGraw's "It's a Business Doing Pleasure with You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2r0Xmkw7Co

BUT your question was "what's a nice thing I can do when she comes home". My answer would be a nice dinner at her favorite place, and when the (inexpensive) glasses of champagne are served, give her a one-man heartfelt standing ovation, right there in the restaurant, in front of god and everybody. She'll be a little embarrassed, but she'll remember it her whole life.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.