View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayR_1911 View Post
anyone know of a brake with an outside diameter of about .75" ? ive been searching and all of the brakes ive been finding have an outside diameter of about .90-1" ? my rainier barrel is about .73" just before the threads.... im finishing up ordering everything for my .308 build, i have a feeling im going to have to get it machined to fit...
You want the entire brake to be .75", or you want the back of the brake to be .75" to match your barrel? JP makes their brakes for .75 diameter. Their website shows most of their stuff is out of stock, but call first....they've got more in stock that hasn't made it to the website yet. Just installed mine today.

Speaking of that, pardon the crappy cell pics but here's the progression of my AR308!

Bought it off a Calgunner like this....

Then sold the barrel/stock/FH and stripped it down to this....

Add a PRS and wait 2 months for my barrel from Black Hole Weaponry....

Add in a Kies adjustable gas block and a JP large profile tactical compensator.....

All that's left is the Geiselle SSA-E and an optic! (Planning on a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD in a BOBRO mount) As is obvious from the pictures, I've only got one PRS right now. Ordering another one this paycheck. Also, I'll be swapping the Larue bipod back and forth between the rifles as needed. There are some other small parts I'll be adding...scope mounted level, rifle mounted angle indicator, probably eventually a monopod, etc.

EDIT: Realized my post didn't make sense, as I was referencing shared parts with my SDM-R, which I did not post (as it's not .308). So yeah....I have a SDM-R that shares the bipod, and I currently only have one PRS between the two of them which will be rectified soon.

Last edited by GettoPhilosopher; 02-06-2012 at 11:39 PM..