View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 6:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrez465 View Post
I've never really paid attention to Bergara rifles (nor am I familiar with them), but recently I've been hearing a lot of talk about this rifle. I'm going to do some research, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone would vouch for this rifle?
I have a Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor that I bought September of last year. You can view pictures of it on this link
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=2571

I don't do any hunting or shooting matches but I have taken it to ASR a few times and have taken it to a Level 1 and 2 Sniper Course held by ITTS. I have a total of 673 rounds down the barrel.

There are two negative things that I experienced with my HMR:
1) I was getting some pierced primers, with factory loaded ammo, because the chamber was undersized. Bergara repaired it under warranty and got it back in less than 2-weeks. Bergara paid for shipping.

2) If too much pressure is pressing up or forward of the magazine, for example, magazine resting on a bag, then there could be feeding issues.

Bergara customer support is top notch! I do recommend the HMR but it isn't perfect. If anything, I probably could've waited longer and got the HMR PRO model.

Last edited by BMWguy206; 05-26-2018 at 9:02 AM..