Thread: Stanislaus
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 2:53 PM

Due to life work and school I didn't have a chance to renew my CCW for 2 months after it expired, However I took the renew class and submitted my renewal 2 months late. It only took 2 weeks for my renewal to get approved and it expires 2 years from the date of issue of the renewal. I've been told you can renew late from 90 days to 6 month but I wouldn't press it.

I also just added a new firearm to my CCW ... it was approved in less than 24 hours but I can't pick it up till Thursday as they only issue permits on Thursdays and Fridays between 8am and 3pm. I did not get a phone call I instead received a an email and a text message.

The new online system Is fairly simple straight forward and painless compared to when I did my initial.

I never had to do a traditional interview but some one did look over my initial paperwork to make sure it was in good order.

While I miss the days of getting my reserve permit rubber stamped (not in Stan County) I'm kinda glad I now take the full 1 day renewal course as It helps keeps me up to date with changes in the law.

I put 2 guns on my initial and I just added a third.

For both my initial and renewals I was only required to shoot and qualify with one firearm.

Smyrna Lodge #532 F.&A.M.

Last edited by Mayhem; 11-28-2018 at 2:57 PM.. Reason: Spelling