Thread: San Luis Obispo
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 5:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation residents of The City of SLO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

ETA: Looks like the new Chief took office on Jan 4th and will be officially sworn in on Jan 19th (http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/lo...e50530245.html). IMO, I'd wait a month or, preferably, two before contacting the PD re. the chief's GC standard. Like it or not, CCWs are usually a low priority for CA chiefs/sheriffs. One good bit of info is that she started her LE career just when AZ went from No Issue to Shall Issue, so I'm sure it was a big deal waiting to see what would happen, how the public would behave, when allowed to CC (blood in the streets fighting over parking spaces, high noon shootouts after fender-benders). Remember, back in '93, the nation had a LOT LESS experience w/Shall Issue than in 2016.

If Chief Cantrell does liberalize CCW issuance, that would be a MAJOR win for folks in SLO Co since 1/6th of the county's population lives in SLO city.

I should have also pointed out that AZ has been Con Carry for the past 5 years, so she should really not be afraid of law-abiding citizens CCWing.

She said she is not coming into the department with a list of predetermined initiatives or priorities, but would rather spend the first weeks listening to staff, residents and city management and getting a sense of local culture.

<snip>

However, Cantrell, who said she is a scholar of the U.S. Constitution and an advocate for the protection of civil rights, said a department under her watch will treat the homeless with dignity and equality.

<snip>

As such, she said that as chief, she will work to be as transparent as possible and keep communication flowing from the agency to the public.

Can you always point fingers at officers? No. Should you be able to ask questions of your police? Absolutely. And you should expect answers, she said.

<snip>

Especially in these first weeks in a new community, she said she looks forward to meeting as many residents as possible.

Im a social butterfly. I hope people feel free to come up and strike up a conversation with me, Cantrell said. I truly like different perspectives thats what makes this all work.
(emphasis added)

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/lo...e52878190.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos7 View Post
I'm wondering if the new SLOPD chief coming from Arizona and espousing to care about people's constitutional rights is finally going to mean CCWs for the city of SLO.
If you do talk w/her, do NOT come off as all "conservative": she was chairwoman of Mesa PD's "Diversity Team" and the article says she moved to SLO with her "spouse" and their 3 dogs.... Yeah, that's "code." And when liberals use the term "civil rights," they often do not include the 2nd A RKBA. She might care more about the Lawrence decision than the Heller and McDonald decisions....

So, SLO city residents should contact her ASAP 2nd A RKBA & CCWs. Stick to those and you should be safe. But even there, do not assume she'll be for accepting SD = GC.

Let us know what you find out.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 01-08-2016 at 5:45 PM..