View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 2:46 PM

Default Yep, x2

Both mine are Champions made in you know where. But they start, run 120VAC at 61HZ, so WTF.

I bought my 3600w Champion for $300 and it included a $100 rebate. So for $200 I have a 3600W EG. Loud but I built a dog house for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeon2whls View Post
Sorry but the Honda's in many respects are a waste of money unless you use it on a regular basis for camping, etc. I can see the use case you're talking about with the race trailer, etc...but that comes with a $2000 price tag. The 3,200 watt genny from harbor freight will run you $289 with the coupon and can be converted to run on Propane/CNG for around $200 http://www.pngtechnologies.com/Gener...sion-Kits.html

Yes, this generator is much louder, its made in China and comes from Harbor Freight...but I also race and have used mine in the pits for 3 years without issues, I don't treat the gas and it sits for months sometimes without running and starts right up without issue. In normal day to day use, if it did break down I could buy 6 for the same price as the Honda...but its simple to work on and has been stone cold reliable so I wouldn't worry about using it during an emergency, etc (plenty of Honda's end up in repair shops as well).

Consider what you want to use the Generator for, where you plan to use it and then decide how much you're willing to spend. If you want to drop 2k on one, get the Honda and don't look back. If your budget isnt there buy two of the Harbor Freight genny's and leave one in the box in case the other one craps out