View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 6:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
Okay, time for an update.

I found out that she's already had a squeeze for the last six months. That fixes one problem, but another problem developed...

I

Actually that's not a fixed problem...

No man in his right mind would be happy to have his girlfriend with another man under her roof.

If she tells him, "I needed a roommate because of my finances" he would immediately wonder, "why didn't you ask me to move in with you? We've been dating over six months now, doesn't that count for anything? You go with him? What's going on with the two of you? Do you like him?" If he doesn't wonder that, then he's barely a man or he's just oblivious and ignorant to human nature.

You have no idea how the guy is going to take it, or what may await down the road in regards to his relationship with her. Say the two of you get drunk and fool around, she doesn't want to lose her boyfriend so she claims you raped her or otherwise took advantage of her.

Basic human nature and an understanding of the concept of propinquity strongly suggests that you will end up romantically involved with the woman at some point, especially if you wind up sharing a dwelling with her, particularly in light of the fact that you already work together.

People have a tendency to form intimate relationships with those with whom they spend a great amount of time.

If you're fine with the idea that you will probably wind up in a romantic/physical relationship with her at some point, then by all means, proceed. If you absolutely do not want to be involved with her on a romantic level, then do not move in with her.