View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Pick your battles...and your battlegrounds. I don't think now is the best time to have a gun at school in violation of the law. And of course, to be telling the students about it.
Why isn't this the best time?

Fear and emotion can be a double-edged sword. Do you pick a time when there is less of a perceived threat to schools and classrooms? Don't you think he would come off as more of a paranoid kook and nut in a closer to normal climate?

And everyone keeps on commenting that he should have had a CCW/LTC, but how realistic was it for him to acquire one? Is it just as difficult to get in his county as it is in mine (Alameda County)? If so what are his options other than to remain unarmed as so many of you seem to support?

I get everyones' opinions on why he shouldn't have been carrying (broke the law and school policy), but the judgmental tone reeks of an anti civil rights perspective on guns.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X