View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Although I can see why it might seem like a good idea to split the Marketplace for handguns and long guns, I liked it better the way it was before. Now I've got to look in two places to see what's for sale locally.

Splitting geographically would be more useful, though I'm a bit ambivalent about even that. Sometimes I learn about new things by reading a post from the other end of the state. After all, GunsAmerica covers the whole country...

What would be really sweet would be a "geographical search" to find all the listings within a radius of 50 miles. Or 100 miles. Or whatever.

Perhaps easier to implement would be a drop-down list of predefined choices for location. The current free-form system allows too much freedom for efficient searching. Instead of entering "Sacramento", people put in one of dozen different suburbs or nearby towns. A drop-down list might help standardize these names. A dozen (or less) metropolitan "area" names would cover the whole state.

It would also be sweet to be able to do searches that include special characters. I still can't figure out how to find "S&W". Anybody know how to do this?

UPDATE: Well, knock me over with a feather. The search for "S&W" works now! I even found a Model 58 for sale! In the "Long Guns" forum, at the other end of the state :-( Now, if we could just get the search for "S&W 58" to work...

Last edited by DesertLefty; 08-29-2013 at 1:28 AM..