View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 9:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
This guy is not bullshttng me..why would he? Hes a grown man who pays hefty taxes and has nothing to prove to anyone. He has never purchased a handgun and only had his fathers hand me downs until now.

He plunked down $500+ for a pistol. The letter is the exact same one as above..It does mention maybe reported stolen in the letter thats the only reason I brought it up. I find that very hard to believe as this gun shop has been around for decades and would not fall easily for a stolen gun. SO that leads to it must be something about duis 25 years ago? strange. If he knew he had legal issues why would he attempt to buy a gun legally- some of you need common sense.

Why do they even mention the stolen gun thing in the letter then?

Prometa- thanks for the link , I just saw it-I will pass it on. As the one DOJ guy who buyer spoke to said exact same thing..30-90 days .."we are overwhelmed with work ..then hung up "

Sorry about the last typing ..the mobile typing is tough with such big hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Did you actually see the letter, and read it yourself?

Gun shops don't run or check guns to see if they are stolen... That check only occurs on handgun DROS'es.
DOJ sends the same generic letter out for all delays.

What has been going on is DOJ is delaying people who ARE NOT PROHIBITED when they find out about an arrest in the past that their records are not up-to-date on. Yes, they are denying us our rights and claiming that they have to get all their records updated in their new electronic database as their justification. Before the panic buying started this rarely resulted in a delay past the 10 days, but now when someone gets delayed they're putting that file off the the side and handling the easy ones first.

EDIT: And good luck getting through to the DOJ BOF Delay and Denial hotline, it's been giving a busy signal during business hours since last week. Before that if you did manage to get someone on the line they'd just tell you that they cannot tell you anything and to wait a month before calling back.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

Last edited by JDay; 02-19-2013 at 9:08 PM..