View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 2:45 PM

Quote:
What did you like and not like about it specifically? My other scope is a Vortex on my 700 so there's no comparison there. I'm not particularly picky, it's just a "for fun" rifle and also a good one to let me friends use (those that have never shot or are beginners). I just want something easy to use and cheap that'll do the job at 100yds. Do you have a picture of your ruger with the scope by any chance?
Sorry, no pics. For what you have outlined " plinking and Beginners" I would not recommend this scope. As I said, bought it because it was compact for a TD. One issue is the length is so short, you have to choke up on the rifle for good eye relieve. There are better choices in your price range and application. You can go to WallyWorld a pick up a decient scope, rings and mounts with one stop shopping. A beginner is not going to know the difference between a hi quality scope or a cheapo. Will just be happy for the new thrill. Yea, a cheapo will only last a few years, but no large investment either. For a 100yds, I would go at least 9X and 40mm
Best of luck.

Last edited by Rosebud22; 09-17-2013 at 2:48 PM..